- I'm thankful for the many friends in my life who reached out to me with wise counsel and heartfelt prayers during a very difficult season in my life earlier this year. The texts, phone calls and FB messages that came exactly when I needed them were overwhelming! I'm grateful to Lord for the amazing friends I am blessed to have in life!
- I'm thankful for the sweet people at San Mateo Baptist and College Park Baptist who were so kind and encouraging to me as I has the opportunity to preach at both churches several times this year.
- I'm thankful for 4 weeks of serving as the chapel speaker at the Csehy Summer School of Music this summer. Those weeks were a wonderful blessing of getting to work with an amazing group of students, counselors, staff and faculty.
- I'm thankful for the wonderful generosity of several people in our my life this year. From financial gifts to someone giving me a brand new laptop after I dropped mine, I was the recipient of radical generosity and I am grateful to the Lord for His provision through His people.
- I'm grateful for the kindness and warm hospitality of a great church in NY. Although the Lord did not lead us there, I am grateful for their love and new friends made.
- I'm grateful for many moments where I was simply able to listen to my children laugh. Few blessings are better in life that listening to sounds of blissful joy coming from your children! (Yes, there were plenty of whines, complains and fits too.)
- I'm grateful for some great fishing trips with my dad this year! We caught a lot a fish and made even more memories.
- I'm thankful for the times I had to fish with my children this year and getting to see them enjoy a sport that is a passion of mine.
- I'm thankful for the kindness of strangers. We were blessed in many ways, multiple times this year, by people we never met.
- I'm thankful for the health and protection that my family enjoyed this year. God's grace was manifested in this area over and over this year.
- I'm thankful that in some of the hardest moments I've faced in life, God's presence was revealed to me in ways I'd never experienced.
- I'm thankful for many specific prayers that have been answered in my life this year.
- I'm thankful for the ways the my children have grown this year.
- I'm grateful for a wife who has walked through the wilderness this year along side of me with great faith and a consistently encouraging spirit.
- I'm grateful for the new opportunity that the Lord has opened up for me to serve as pastor at Reedy Spring Baptist Church beginning next month.
What has happened in your life this year that you have to be grateful for? Take time to remember what God has done and let it cultivate within you a deep sense of gratitude!
Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.